The mission of the Computer Operations Division is to provide the highest level of computer and telephone related support to the Sheriff's Office employees.
The Computer Operations Division intends to accomplish this mission by:
- Preserving the information stored in the system.
- Protecting information from unauthorized access and intrusion.
- Protecting information from unintentional loss or intentional destruction.
- Protecting information from accidental loss as a result of a catastrophic event.
- Make the maximum amount of information available to users in the minimum amount of time.
- Maintain the systems with the most recent technical standards.
- Provide support to Administration requesting special assignments.
- Maintain training of personnel to accomplish the above mission.
- Accomplish the mission in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Train the end user on the current use of application programs.
- Provide written or purchased application programs as required by all EBRSO divisions.
The division is responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining the computer and telephone networks of the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff's Office employs over 800 deputies and has a network of approximately 600 desktop and mobile computers. The division is also responsible for coordinating the future planning and development of the computer network and telephone systems. The division must also review and approve all purchases of electronic equipment for the entire Sheriff's Office.