The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office (EBRSO) is accepting applications from professionals who are interested in a career in Law Enforcement.
We accept applications for the below full-time jobs on a continuous basis.
Full-time, Entry-level Positions:
Corrections Deputies -- Maintains the custody and security of prison inmates through supervision, observation and monitoring of inmate activities and enforcement of security policies and procedures.
Uniform Patrol Deputies -- General law enforcement work to protect lives, property and rights of the public. Work involves answering complaint calls and patrolling in an official vehicle, motorcycle or on foot to deter crime or apprehend violators or suspects; securing crime scenes, and enforcement of all traffic and safety laws.
Communications Deputies -- Performs radio and communications work on an assigned shift. Provides information to patrol units on calls in progress as well as other divisions as needed. Receives and shares data as appropriate with law enforcement agencies throughout the country. May be required to respond to calls for service in emergency situations.
Note: The EBRSO provides services to the community 24-hours per day, and as such most of the full-time positions require working rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Reserve Deputy Program – Our Reserve Deputies are part-time, non-salaried, commissioned law enforcement officers. Reserve Deputies have the same responsibilities and duties as the regular deputies. Opportunities exist within the Reserve program for individuals to serve in all areas of law enforcement. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
School Crossing Guard -- Provide for the safety of all school children at designated school crossings near elementary schools, escort children across the street going to and from school, report license numbers of cars who fail to reduce speed in school zones or fail to stop for children in school crossing zones.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: EBRSO BODY ART POLICY
Body art is defined as, but not limited to, tattoos, brands, and intentional scarring.
· Mutilation, tongue bifurcation, and foreign objects inserted under the skin are prohibited.
· Body art to the head, neck, and facial area is prohibited.
· Body art cannot contain nudity, profanity, or be perceived as gang related, criminal, obscene, sexual, racial or detract from the professional image of the Office.
· Body art which is visible on the hands and/or arms while wearing a short sleeve uniform must be able to be completely covered by a single 3x5 index card.
· Dental ornamentation is prohibited. Capped, veneered, or natural teeth shall not be decorated with designs, initials, or jewels.
· Excessive and unusual piercings are prohibited.
· Tongue ornaments and facial piercings are not permitted to be worn while on duty.